The reCsvEditor is a cross platform editor for Csv Files. It supports a wide variety of Field
delimiters, very large files and Unicode Files. Files are displayed in a table format:
The program also supports single Line or record views (+ other formats)
Program features include
- Supports for very large Files.
- Supports just about any character being used as a field separators - Tabs, comma's, colons, semi colons,
hex chars (i.e. x'00', x'FA') etc.
- Columns can be added, moved and copied.
- Field Separator / Quotes can be changed.
- Fields can be both hidden and Fixed in position (Right Click Menu)
- Multiple File Views are Supported including
- Record View - Display a single record with fields going down the page.
- Filtered View - Select Records / Fields to be displayed.
- Sorted Tree View - Gives a Sort / Summary of the file with individual records as leaf's in the tree
- Column View - Rows / Columns swapped.
- Files can be exports as Fixed Width Text or Xml or Html or via Velocity Template (needs separate
- Forms part of a family of Editors (RecordEditor, Avro Editor and Protocol Buffers Editor).
All the programs use a common core, so moving from one to the other should be easy.